Reducing Your Costs for Prescription Medicines
Insured Nomads partners with WellRX Scriptsave to provide substantial savings to anyone that needs to purchase
Through the partnership with WellRX, our innovative programs and the network of 65,000 pharmacy partners have been helping people save on prescription medication costs for over twenty years.
- If you do not have health or travel insurance and are in the USA, you can use your ScriptSave WellRx card for any brand name or generic prescriptions you or your household members pay for out-of-pocket.
- If you have a plan from Insured Nomads; either a World Explorer plan or Nomad Health Insurance plan, you will be able to get better pricing when you use your ScriptSave WellRx card for any brand name or generic prescriptions you or your household members pay for out-of-pocket.
- If you have health insurance coverage from another company (not one of the plans purchased from Insured Nomads), you can use your ScriptSave WellRx card for any prescriptions that are not covered by your insurance plan or for family members not covered by insurance.
- If you have Medicare and are enrolled in a Medicare Part D plan, use your ScriptSave WellRx card for any prescriptions that are excluded by Medicare Part D law.
- If you have Medicare and decide not to enroll in Medicare Part D - you can save money instantly with a ScriptSave WellRx card! There are no age or income restrictions.
Although this program is NOT insurance, an Rx savings card includes the same pharmacy processing information that pharmacists see & use every day on all the different insurance cards they deal with. That being the case, simply hand your ScriptSave WellRx card to the pharmacist, point to where the card shows the Rx BIN, Rx PCN, etc. and ask the following question:
“Would you please process my prescription using these details and let me know what my out-of-pocket cost will be?”
There is no reason for you to have to pay the cash price when discounts (often massive discounts) are available.
If you need help, WellRx is there for you - we like that!
U.S. Based Call Center Support
Another useful hint to keep in mind is that all ScriptSave WellRx members are serviced by a toll-free customer support number (staffed by real people right here in the U.S.).
If you ever have a problem, you can call the support line toll-free at 1-800-407-8156, Monday through Friday, from 9am to 8pm EST, and our friendly staff will be glad to help get to the bottom of any issues.
Given the real-time need that many patients face with filling their prescriptions, if you’ve had issues at a particular pharmacy in the past, it might be helpful to call our support staff ahead of your next visit to fill your prescription.
If necessary, our staff may be able to call your pharmacy on your behalf – ahead of your visit – so that everything is smoothed out before you arrive to pick-up and pay.
Please always keep in mind that pharmacists have a LOT going on and they can be incredibly busy. Although they can make it look simple at times, that’s generally a reflection of their professionalism and experience, and their role in a patient’s healthcare is not to be underestimated.
Pharmacists are a truly valuable resource and they juggle many different tasks. If you meet a pharmacist who looks at your prescription savings card and doesn’t immediately recognize it, don’t be surprised. We can’t expect every pharmacist, at every pharmacy, to recognize and remember every single savings card and insurance program that they have a contract with. More often than not, if you ask your pharmacist (politely) to try processing your prescription using the details on the card, they will be happy to give it a try. If that doesn’t work, and if you’re using a card from ScriptSave, you have a tollfree support number to call for assistance.
As for “Always Ask the Cash Price” … that’s a must-do for patients who don’t want to over-pay (especially for those WITH prescription insurance).
Next, then download their app, have the card sent to your cellphone so it's easily accessible.